Setting yourself up for success as a freelance writer with Marian Schembari
According to a survey of 55 startups, content marketing and social media were the most important tactics for startups in 2015. Yet, content marketing and online PR were voted the two areas startups require most help with. As reported by Content Marketing Institute, 86% of B2B marketers and 77% of B2C marketers use content marketing.
As more companies continue to focus on content marketing and building their online brand presence, the need for quality freelance writers has grown. Now’s a great time for anyone who’s ever considered pursuing a career in freelance writing to make the leap. But we know that getting started can seem intimidating.
That’s why on today’s #peepchat, we had Peep Marian Schemabari share her insights on what it takes to be a successful freelance writer and how to get started. She had a ton of valuable insights to share. We covered everything from where to find your first clients, to how to value your work, to tools to use and beyond. Check out the entire chat below.
Join us next Thursday, October 1st at 11am PDT/ 2pm EDT for a #peepchat with Tim McDonald on “How to make a career doing work that’s meaningful for you.”
- 8 ways to grow your freelance business for the holidays
- How to move from an employee to entrepreneur mindset
- Minimalism for freelancers: letting go to live a life you love
- How to take a vacation as a freelancer (without taking a hit to your bank account!)
- Why over 35s are choosing to freelance
- 8 freelancers reveal how they got their first client
- Why you’re not winning any freelance clients or jobs
- The top 10 books for freelancers
- How to hire an accountant for your freelance business
- How to hire a virtual assistant for your freelance business