How to build the dream freelance business you’ve always wanted with Skillcrush and CloudPeeps
Our CEO, Kate had the pleasure of being a guest on the Go Freelance Webinar Summit from Skillcrush recently. Her and their Director of Content, Randle Browning, discussed how to use your tech skills to launch a thriving freelance business and how to position yourself to attract the clients you want.
In the video above, Kate shares how her first-hand experience as a freelancer and client has translated into the CloudPeeps platform. You’ll also learn how to spot a problem client, communicate clearly as a freelancer, and identify the types of jobs that will be best for you.
Quick tips she shares for properly positioning yourself for the clients you want include:
- Identify what makes you want to freelance
- Define what it is you’re passionate about and make it clear in your branding
- Clearly spell out how you can help your clients in your pitches
- Be quick in your follow up and communications
- Follow up and follow through if you don’t hear back right away
- Show up and meet deadlines
Have any questions about building your freelance career? Share them in the comments below!
*Above photo from Farrel Nobel.*
- 8 ways to grow your freelance business for the holidays
- How to move from an employee to entrepreneur mindset
- Minimalism for freelancers: letting go to live a life you love
- How to take a vacation as a freelancer (without taking a hit to your bank account!)
- Why over 35s are choosing to freelance
- 8 freelancers reveal how they got their first client
- Why you’re not winning any freelance clients or jobs
- The top 10 books for freelancers
- How to hire an accountant for your freelance business
- How to hire a virtual assistant for your freelance business