Our CEO, Kate had the pleasure of being a guest on the Go Freelance Webinar Summit from Skillcrush recently. Her and their Director of Content, Randle Browning, discussed how to use your tech skills to launch a thriving freelance business and how to position yourself to attract the clients you want.
In the video above, Kate shares how her first-hand experience as a freelancer and client has translated into the CloudPeeps platform. You’ll also learn how to spot a problem client, communicate clearly as a freelancer, and identify the types of jobs that will be best for you.
Quick tips she shares for properly positioning yourself for the clients you want include:
- Identify what makes you want to freelance
- Define what it is you’re passionate about and make it clear in your branding
- Clearly spell out how you can help your clients in your pitches
- Be quick in your follow up and communications
- Follow up and follow through if you don’t hear back right away
- Show up and meet deadlines
Have any questions about building your freelance career? Share them in the comments below!
*Above photo from Farrel Nobel.*
Latest posts by CloudPeeps Team (see all)
- How and when to fire your problem client - November 22, 2016
- An introduction to sales and closing for freelancers - November 18, 2016
- How to price your services as you grow your freelance business - November 9, 2016